Professional Counselor Associate
I work with client’s who struggle with depression, anxiety, trauma, self-acceptance, life transitions, issues arising from communication and emotional struggles. I typically operate from a cognitive behavioral and positive psychology approach, working with older teens and adults, men and women. I also work from a faith integration approach with individuals coming from a Christian and/or Catholic worldview and have an interest in working with members of the Hispanic community.
More About Joshua Freitag
While at Western Seminary, I was an intern first with Polk County Behavioral Health in Monmouth. This was a community mental health site and I worked with youth & family, and adults. I finished my intern experience at Authentic Hope in Corvallis where I worked with older teens and adults. In seeing clients, my experience has been that an encounter with another person who listens, seeks to understand without judging, and is honest with clients fosters a relationship that leads to steps of healing and growth.
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science from Oregon State University
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Western Seminary
Can I Help You?
I treat patients for:
- Anxiety, worry, stress, panic
- Depression, grief, loss, sadness
- OCD: Obsessive-compulsive thoughts or actions
- Relationship struggles (couple, family, or parenting)
- Traumatic Events, Trauma, PTSD